Jüsto is an online supermarket focused on Mexico City but plans to expand into additional Mexican cities as well as other regions in Latin America, offering fresh and high-quality products. We are looking for a Mobile Engineer with demonstrable experience in Android and/or iOS.
The day to day for a Mobile Engineer at Justo involves:
- Understanding and writing code for native Android apps (android or iOS)
- Write Swift or Kotlin code
- Create high-performance code
- Writing high quality code
- Working with great software engineers collaboratively
- Working within an agile team
- Designing scalable, modularized & testable software
- Writing technical documentation
- Maintaining & Developing new features following best practices and standards
- Clean architecture, MVVM, MVP & Architecture Components
- Testing all the things! Testing is a must, especially if you want to avoid those friendly reminders during the code review.
Do you think that the quality of the software you write matters? We love developing software, and we are looking forward to finding a new mobile engineer to help us.
Skills & Requirements
- You prefer to take decisions after listening to your peer’s suggestions
- Mobile development experience using Android Studio or Xcode/AppCode
- You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company such as product/design
- You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers
- You love new challenges and are eager to solve new problems
- Write efficient, maintainable code for mobile platforms
- Analyze and participate in optimizing UI and make suggestions to backend teams with the goal of achieving efficiency and performance
- Ability to write clean, easy-to-read code
- You have an interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, UI, algorithms, optimization, automation, etc.)
- You know how to use version control systems, preferably git, and are familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- You have an interest in writing and speaking English (our Engineering Team is in México but our code is in English)
- You are interested in building quality software concerning code and products.
- You know what Clean Code & who Uncle Bob is!
Big plusses are
- Knowledge/interest in learning iOS development Swift / Kotlin
- Knowledge/interest in design patterns, architecture patterns, software design principles (IoC, DI) & SOLID, Clean.
- Experience with CI systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, Fastlane, Bitrise or similar)
- Experience with Firebase
- Participation in Open Source projects
- Participation in Tech events